Saturday 15 June 2013

Tropical Paradise - Inspiration by Keren Tamir

For my reveal this month, I made two tropical layouts. 

Looking at it this one, makes me feel I'm at the beach.

"Play"


I've been eyeing this palm stencil from Scrap Fx for quite sometime. Finally I borrowed from my friend Agnieszka Bellaidea so I can use it for my beach themed layout for this month.


I grabbed one of the papers from the newest collection from 13 Arts: Faces of Spring. This paper is called wind in my hair and those black wisps which I thought were palm trees are actually hair wisps. However I enhanced them with the palm stencil and now they truly look like palms from a tropical scenery.


I added lots of flowers running up the layout and then sprayed the 13 Arts inks between them.


Finally I wanted to add some contrast to the layout so I added some black chevron washi tape and I made the title in black.


Faces of Spring collection
White Flowers
Green Twigs
Gesso
Olive Green Spray
Green ink
Yellow Spray
Pearl Sky blue spray

******************************************

"Fly Free"


I used the 2 Crafty Birds on a wire chipboard on this layout. To mimic the birds in the photo.


I primed the birds in 13 Arts Gesso, Then I covered them in 13 Arts gel medium. After that, I sprinkled blue micro-beads on them and let them dry.Then I painted them with the 13 Arts Pearl Sky blue mist and added some gesso on the edges.


This picture was taken on our recent trip to Florida. There were so many birds on a wire that I had to take a picture.


The flower cluster was made with some Tatiana Prima flowers, some white 13 Arts flowers and with some mini flowers I found at the dollar store.


To make the drips in the background I watered down the 13 Arts Gesso and dripped it down the page. Then using a Tim Holtz stamp, I stamped a swirl along the page.

13 Arts Supplies:
Papers: A Frosted Life
White Flowers
 Gesso
Pearl Sky blue mist 
Gel Medium

**************************

Finally I want to show you again my project for the 13 Arts Blog Challenge this month.

I made this little birdhouse and here are some closeups.

You still have time to join the challenge here.



Here are some different angles of my project

I created a small wooden bird house that I bought at the dollar store. I covered it in 13 Arts Gesso and then sprayed it with 13 Arts Olive green and Yellow sprays. Finally I stamped a brown Tim Holtz pattern using some StazOn.


As decoration, I added some flowers from 13 Arts and from Prima along with some lace and moss (my recycled material). Finally I added a cute little resin bird at the entrance of the birdhouse.


I tried showing you the bird house from all angles!! I hope you liked it and can't wait to see you joining us in the challenge here.

You can win an amazing prize package from 13 Arts.

If you liked my creations today, please come visit me at my blog:

Have a wonderful day!!


3 comments:

  1. love all of your creations, i must get that fern stencil from ScrapFX.
    You show case 13 arts so well!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Fabulous layouts, Keren - the beach one makes me feel all warm and sunny, despite the horrible rain we've had all day here... and the bird house is just a delight!
    Alison x

    ReplyDelete