Tuesday 18 November 2014

It's cold outside - a layout by Melenia

Good morning everyone!
I would like to share a wintery layout (I just can't describe how much winter inspires me!),
that I created with the awesome new collection "Cosy Evening"!



I definitely wanted a textured background for my layout, 
as its photo shows a little house in the snow 
(like a little house in the prairie, but in its winter version lol) 
and an effect of snow MUST be present in the page.



So the perfect medium to achieve a kind of texture like snow is gesso or modelling paste.
I went for the gesso and applied it with a mask.  I also added silver microspheres and hologram glitter on my background, mixed with lots of gel medium. 



The hologram glitter and the microspheres create an impression that it's snowing, don't they?
Well then, mission accomplished!

Products used:

Scrapberry's - Embellishments & Flowers



1 comment: